MatchTime provides all the tools needed to create and run a successful tennis league season. Below are the specific steps to setting up a new league season.
1. Sign Up as a League Manager Account - assuming you are not setup as a "league admin" in MatchTime. If you do have a MatchTime account, you can click the button there to go to your account and add league management functionality.
2. Now time to create a new league season (Fall 2023) in MatchTime. Yes, you can edit this information later as well.
3. After creating the season, it is time to create the playing levels. A "playing level" would be like "Men's 3.0" or "Mixed intermediate teams". Typically teams are divided up based off levels of competition so that very advanced players are not playing against beginner players -- ideally the "playing level name" reflects this so that the person signing up knows which "level" they are signing up for.
- The playing level also allows you to fill in all the playing levels for that playing level's season -- match dates, line types (singles / doubles) and even how division standings are calculated.
- You can add as many different playing levels as you would like. Some leagues will play different "playing levels" on different days/times.... this is nice and easy to setup in TennisPoint.
- Don't worry if you have MANY playing levels -- we have a "replicate playing level" option which will copy ALL the details from the previously made one to make setup a breeze!
Captains & Players paying while signing up for the league?
You can create a "League Sign Up" page for your team captains to join your league. You use a "microsoft word style" type of editor which allows you to type up the key details about your league and allows the team captains to "sign up" their team.
Team/Match Playing Schedule
After all your teams have signed up, you can quickly create a "playing schedule" between the teams. After clicking on a "playing level", you can select the "schedule" tab and simply click the button "auto-create schedule"... yep, that magic button does all the hard work of setting up the playing schedule and even calculates any "byes" needed as well 😊
Remember, you can also easily communicate with your team captains/players continuously throughout the season to keep them informed, updated and even encouraged... use the "emails/message" options throughout the league admin area.